We recognise that often our families have limited time to commit to volunteer activities and extend a welcome to all of our New Farm community to participate in the P&C. Perhaps your children have other family members willing to help, or a friendly neighbour with time and energy to spare?
Anyone can register for a current volunteer vacancy, or connect via our (soon to be released) parent and community skills register. But! All non-parents are required to obtain a blue card before they can volunteer on school grounds. Confused about the process? So were we, but this snapshot below should help. Contact email@example.com with any queries you may have.
The Queensland Government issues blue cards, through the Queensland Department of Transport and Main Roads (TMR). Recent changes have been made to the application process. Here are some things to know about applying:
- Applying online is easiest, and quickest – connect to information on how to apply and the application portal
- You can submit a paper application if you prefer
- Volunteer applications are free
- Applications take approximately 5 working days to process
- You must apply for a new card, before your existing card expires
- There are regular, online blue card information sessions – some in languages other than English – connect to an information session