EVENT UPDATE: We raised more than our $10,000 target and will realise about $9,000 after expenses. What a great effort! Our final house and class winners will be announced at school assembly on Wednesday 28 July, and an update posted here just as soon as we have those final figures confirmed.
School principal Carmel McGrath thanked the P&C, noting ‘What a fantastic effort, well done to all the P&C parent helpers especially those doing all the collecting and helping students with their donations. Such a big fiddly job. Congratulations the students had a great day‘.
This is a fun physical challenge for all of our students to join in and an opportunity to raise money for our school!
Each year our P&C runs fundraisers to contribute to extra educational opportunities for our students. In 2020, we used the funds raised from OBSTATHON to purchase equipment for the new digital arts curriculum, and other visual arts resources.
Our fundraising target for this year’s OBSTATHON is $10,000. Read more on the event day details here.
There are multiple ways parents can volunteer to assist with the fundraiser, and/or we will happily accept any donations you are kind enough to offer.
How can you help?
- Don’t to the gym (!), but help set up obstacle equipment any time between 6:30 and 8:30am on Tuesday 20 July, or pack down from 3pm.
- Collect donations before school from 8:15 to 8:45 am on Friday 16th, Monday 19th or Tuesday 20th.
- Assist your child to collect sponsorship from friends and family (remember, be Covid safe!).
Contact Sheroo Wadia firstname.lastname@example.org or sign up on Signup Zone, at https://signup.zone/2MnJnfQPRDK6puY7m
Need an incentive for the kids?
- Students will collect spots for their team each time a lap of the obstacle course is completed – they can get extra points for excellent teamwork, showing support for friends and generally demonstrating school values.
- The class that raises the most money receives a pizza lunch.
- The House that raises the most money receives a disco in the Hall at lunch time.
*** A Digital participation form MUST be signed for your child to participate. This will be emailed to parents/carers directly from the school.
Returning your sponsorship form
Please return the sponsorship form with the sponsorship money to the P&C volunteers under stationed on Heal St and under A block before school 8:15am to 8:45am Friday 16th, Monday 19th and Tuesday 20th of July.
For additional copies, please email email@example.com